We are looking for an Ecological Modeller (m/f/d) - Effect Modelling to strengthen our Ecological Modelling department.
With around 150 employees, ibacon GmbH is a highly qualified and internationally active service provider for the chemical industry. At our GLP-certified facility, we conduct a variety of studies to determine the ecotoxicity and environmental performance of chemicals that are required by law to assess potential environmental risks. These include experiments to determine physicochemical parameters, biodegradability, or ecotoxicological effects. We perform laboratory studies with aquatic and terrestrial organisms, field studies with plants, arthropods and soil organisms as well as chemical-analytical work. Since 2015, we have been expanding the new department of Ecological Modelling at our facilities in Rossdorf with the aim of supporting our customers during their registration process with models on the effects of chemicals.
Your area of responsibility includes the independent planning and execution of modelling studies, which are required as part of the environmental risk assessment of chemicals and / or other issues by our customers. This includes the development, establishment, and application of ecological models (e.g. Mechanistic Effect Models (MEMs), Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) models, TKTD models) and, if required, also new models.
- University degree from the scientific field with a focus on modelling, statistics or programming
- Very good programming skills in at least one of language used in modelling and data science (e.g. Matlab, R, Python, C, C++, Julia)
- Good knowledge of common techniques and procedures of ecological modelling and model development: DEB models, TK / TD models or willingness to learn on the short term
- Willingness to take responsibility for demanding and varied customer projects
- Flexibility and very good teamwork
- Very good communication skills that make you a valuable partner in the team as well as for our customers and in your network
- Effective English communication skill within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with modelling studies for environmental risk assessment of chemicals
- Experience in publishing in peer-reviewed journal articles
- Experience in writing reports following GMP and TRACE documentation
- Good communication skills in German, or the willingness to learn German
- The opportunity to help shape this new area in our company and to develop it further
- Autonomous planning and implementation of modelling projects
- Interesting and varied projects for international customers
- The ability to measure missing model parameters in our state of the art laboratories if necessary
- Individual and regular further education
- Modern and innovative work environment
- Very good working atmosphere in a highly motivated team
- Market- and performance-based remuneration
- Working time account and flexible working hours
- 30 days of paid vacation
- RMV job ticket (reduced price)
We look forward to receiving your application stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.
Please send your application preferably via our online applicant portal to:
Frau Martina Schmalhorst
Arheilger Weg 17
Tel: 06154 / 697-259
E-Mail: Martina Schmalhorst